[linux-dvb] STB6100, STB0899 programming information?

thomas schorpp t.schorpp at gmx.de
Wed Aug 30 07:54:49 CEST 2006

Robert Schlabbach wrote:
> From: "Manu Abraham" <abraham.manu at gmail.com>
>
>>Shortage of chips ? More than that, the Twinhan DVB-S2 card,
>>VP-1040 uses the Mantis PCI bridge, which is a new chipset as well.
>

> Not new to me ;)

is Mantis a trademark or a manufacturer?
i want one but twinhan doesnt talk to me.

>>You can look at the STB0899 driver over here.
>>http://thadathil.net:8000/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/mp-stb0899
>

> Thank you very much! Now I have something work with :)))

a *huge* thing, eheh

>>ST has been quite kind to provide help to put this driver together.
>>They did provide information that which was missing from the datasheets
>>as well, as they wanted to go for a very good driver.

thats real nice, my excuses for bothering them.

> How well is your driver working in its current state? I have quite some
> issues with the TT DVB-S2 card using the Windows driver and software, such
> as sometimes it being completely unable to tune to most transponders - and
> I don't even know if this is only a driver bug or in fact a defective piece
> of hardware I got here... :(

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
old noisy lnb, switchbox, cables? maybe some transponders need this
new circular polarisation too, i think older lnb's cant detect it.
and 8/BPSK should be as noise sensitive like 256qam on dvb-c.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

>>It requires some additional loops like checking for the Pilot symbols
>>(BC mode) etc Carrier Synchronization, Checking for Unique Words etc.
>>Hence it looks a bit complex.
>

> Glah... :(

little disappointing, modern devices should be fully automatic and be capable
of blind signal aquisition. too much software-overhead here. st got homework.

> Best Regards,
> --
> Robert Schlabbach
> e-mail: robert_s at gmx.net