[linux-dvb] Re: What has happend to Manus repositories?

Alan Nisota alannisota at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 16:32:11 CEST 2006

On 8/30/06, Manu Abraham wrote:
> > to be discussing/planning or moving ahead with any multiprotocol
> > review/change cycle.
> > Now I'm frustrated.
>

> You have no idea, how much frustrated i am, right now.
>

> > Johannes, any comments in terms of multiprotocol generally?
> >
> > How do we get this project back on the rails?
> >
> > Steve
Manu, I've repeatedly atempted to do whatever is needed to get this
project moving forward.  In the past, you have stated that you were
waiting for Johannes' ACK, which basically meant that there was no
point in my giving further feedback until that happened.  He has now
stated that we should proceed on without waiting on him.  I have been
using your first set of patches with MythTV for over 4 months now with
no issue (once I did a bit of cleanup and added the frontend support
for my card).  I did not do the work to incorporate your last set, as
it was going to be a lot of work, and didn't want to do it without
reasonable assurance that it was the way forward.  However, I'll be
happy to do so now, if you think it will help get support into a
released kernel.

I know that you don't think my card requires these capabilities, and
certainly cannot exercise a large portion of the S2 capabilities,
but I can do the leg work to incorporate the new protocol into mythtv,
and can test that DVB-S cards (along with my DVB-S+modulation card)
work with it.

I'd just like to know that I'm not completely wasting my time, and
I'll be glad to help as much as I can.