[linux-dvb] Mantis + MB86A16 (VP-1034)

Michel Verbraak michel at verbraak.org
Sat Dec 2 15:31:14 CET 2006

Manu,

I have realligned my dish to Astra 28.2 degrees instead of the Astra
19.2 degrees.

I grabbed the source from your site from yesterday and had to apply only
the following:

void mantis_dma_start(struct mantis_pci *mantis)
{
        dprintk(verbose, MANTIS_DEBUG, 1, "Mantis Start DMA engine");

        mantis_risc_program(mantis);
        mmwrite(cpu_to_le32(mantis->risc_dma), MANTIS_RISC_START);
        mmwrite( mmread( MANTIS_GPIF_ADDR ) | MANTIS_GPIF_RDWRN,
MANTIS_GPIF_ADDR); // new
//      mmwrite(MANTIS_GPIF_RDWRN, MANTIS_GPIF_ADDR); // old

        mmwrite(0, MANTIS_DMA_CTL);
        mantis->last_block = mantis->finished_block = 0;

        mmwrite(mmread(MANTIS_INT_MASK) | MANTIS_INT_RISCI,
MANTIS_INT_MASK);

        mmwrite(MANTIS_FIFO_EN | MANTIS_DCAP_EN
                               | MANTIS_RISC_EN, MANTIS_DMA_CTL);

}

Now I can do a Scan and get channels. Kaffeine and xine tune as wel as szap.

When I also applied the following patch :
void mantis_dma_xfer(unsigned long data)
{
        struct mantis_pci *mantis = (struct mantis_pci *) data;

        while (mantis->last_block != mantis->finished_block) {
                dprintk(verbose, MANTIS_DEBUG, 1, "last block=[%d]
finished block=[%d]",
                        mantis->last_block, mantis->finished_block);

              (mantis->ts_size ? dvb_dmx_swfilter:
dvb_dmx_swfilter_204)   // new
//                (mantis->ts_size ? dvb_dmx_swfilter_204:
dvb_dmx_swfilter) // old
                (&mantis->demux, &mantis->buf_cpu[mantis->last_block *
MANTIS_BLOCK_BYTES], MANTIS_BLOCK_BYTES);
mantis->last_block = (mantis->last_block + 1) % MANTIS_BLOCK_COUNT;
        }
}

I can do a scan but the picture i get is distorted so I will leave it
out for now.

I will try to do some more testing on other satellites and will let you
know the results.

Regards,

Michel.