[linux-dvb] Adding external USB HID Keyboard

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 01:27:26 CET 2006

  I have posted on the debian mailing list:

  But I believe I simply need to write the correct keymap for my
device to work correctly. If I understand correctly the only reason
why evtest does not work is because the wrong keymap is being loaded,
right ?

  Thus I am following the documentation at:

$ cat linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.1/util/av7110_loadkeys/README
In order to write a new keymap you might want to see the raw key
values in the kernel log. Use

   # insmod dvb-ttpci.o av7110_ir_debug=1

Unfortunately I am new to those things. I am working on a
debian/testing system and all I have is the .ko object:

$ sudo insmod /lib/modules/2.6.17-2-686/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/ttpci/dvb-ttpci.ko
insmod: error inserting
-1 Unknown symbol in module

  Is this the correct way of loading the module ?

Thanks !