[linux-dvb] HVR3000, cx88_alsa, crackly audio

Robert Longbottom RobertCL at iname.com
Sun Dec 3 21:39:01 CET 2006

Hi again!

After much messing around I've managed to get the HVR3000 to working
using Steven Toth's tree.

I still need to unload and reload the tuner module a few times on each
boot to make it pick up the TDA tuner chip, but it works once it has
been detected.

My problems with no audio was because I was using the wrong TV-norm :-/
ooops.

Now it is working, I have audio, but every now and again I get crackling
or distorted audio.  This is when I'm watching TV (or  recording) using
MythTV.

Has anyone else experienced crackling / distorted audio (I guess on
anything using cx88_alsa) and how did you fix it?

Thanks,
Robert.