[linux-dvb] Twinhan DTV TER-CI 3030 Mantis DVB-T

Andreas Vinsander andreas at vinsander.se
Wed Dec 6 17:41:54 CET 2006

Manu Abraham wrote:

> There isn't any documentation on the Mantis chip. The vendor asked the
> chip manufacturer for the documentation, what the manufacturer said was
> that they were too late to ask for any documentation. The driver was
> written by having a discussion with the chip manufacturer. (There were
> some chinese photograph style documentation though, which created an
> even more confusion)
>
> Even if they made any documentation, it would surely have been under NDA
> only.

Ok, thanks for enlighten me a bit.

I have been looking at bit (not much) at the code, and would like to
know if there is a simple way of finding out if the

struct zl10353_config mantis_vp3030_config = {
         .demod_address  = 0x0f,
};

is pointing at the right adress?

It seems like the only way (besides failure to allocate memory) of
having the 'zl10353_attach' function to fail (in mantis_dvb.c) is if we
are failing to talk to the i2c bus and verify that it actually has a
zl10353. Is there something special that needs to be done before calling
'i2c_transfer' to initiate the i2c bus properly?

# i2cdetect -l
i2c-2	smbus	Mantis I2C	Non-I2C SMBus adapter

Can I use 'i2cdump 2 0x0f b' to look for the identifier that the call to
'zl10353_read_register' was supposed to find or will that possibly
destroy something?

What else can I do to help out?
/Andreas