[linux-dvb] Re: please update the tuning file for uk-CrystalPalace

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at pobox.com
Thu Dec 7 16:53:04 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 14:15 +0000, Stephan Bourgeois wrote:

> >Are you sure you're receiving crystal palace? That frequency carries BBC
> >1 where I am (N7). Do you have a roof antenna or get the signal from a
> >wall socket, possibly behind some distribution amplifier?
> >
> Hi Torgeir,
> It is a building with a roof antenna and a distribution amplifier. I
> checked the orientation of the aerial, with a compass && OS map, it
> points straight to Crystal Palace. (I'm in NW6, aerial orientation is
> 154 degrees). I can also confirm that each multiplex matches the
> description found on http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=TQ339712
>
> Maybe there is something quirky with the Freecom DVB-T USB stick? I must
> also point out that I am using an old version of scandvb that comes from
> the Fedora Core 4 Extras repository. I haven't managed to build the new
> versions from mercurial.
> This is getting interesting...

I'm asking, because when I use a roof antenna, I receive BBC 1 at
505833, while when I use the in-wall provided signal, which goes through
at least one amplifier, I receive it at 506000, although most programs
try to re-tune to 505833, since the signal apparently contains
information to ask them to do so. (I don't know the correct terminology
for this).

So I'm suspecting that you see the same as I do in regards to offset.

I haven't been able to receive the test transmissions from the in-wall
signal though. What exact parameters are you using to receive it?

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir at pobox.com>