[linux-dvb] msi tv@nywhere plus

Hartmut Hackmann hartmut.hackmann at t-online.de
Sun Dec 10 23:52:51 CET 2006

Hi,

Jonathan Isom wrote:
> Hello
>    I have a msi tv at nywhere plus and when I start tvtime it takes
> 10-12 seconds to
> get any video.  xdtv take 8-10 seconds. also it take about 3 seconds
> to change channels.
> Is this currently normal.  when will the hg tree support the ir remote
> and according to the
> box it support mpeg 1, 2 & 4 realtime compression.  is support for
> this forthcoming.  I'm running a 1.8ghz athlon xp system with a via
> chipset.
>    Thanks
>       Jonathan

- For technical reasons, the tuning is quite slow with this chipset. Driver
   and applications do several tuning attempts during initialization.
   This causes the delay.
- Adding support for the remote control needs to be done by people who
   have this card. I can't do that.
- The card most probably doesn't have a hardware compressor. In this case,
   the compression needs to be done in the appication. It will not be
   done in the driver.

Hartmut