[linux-dvb] Re: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4

Simon Roberts lyricnz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 23:26:25 CET 2006

Thanks for your reply Michael.

> > Does anyone have the Dual Digital 2
> > working properly in a similar situation?  I'm sure there's no real
> > difference between the two.
> On the contrary, the FusionHDTV Dual Digital 4 is *very* different from
> the FusionHDTV Dual Digital 2.

Gak!  Maybe I should return it, and hunt for old stock of the Dual
Digital 2.  Is there any reason (features or otherwise) why I should
keep the Dual Digital 4?

> The FusionHDTV Dual Digital 2 uses a Samsung tuner, Dnos104z, while the
> FusionHDTV Dual Digital 4 uses the Xceive xc3028 silicon tuner.
> XC3028 is not supported in the v4l-dvb master branch at this time, nor
> is it supported in any upstream kernel.

Aw damn.

> The tuner wrapper module is not yet complete, although it does work.  I still
> have to work out some kinks in it.
> As you can tell from my description above, I am already working on adding
> support for the FusionHDTV Dual Digital 4.  I have access to a machine in
> Australia with this card, and I already have it working, except for the tuner
> issue.  I haven't had any time in the past two weeks to work on it, but I
> do have some time off from my day job coming up soon.

If there's anything I can do to help (as a former C programmer, but no
kernel experience), let me know.  Access to hardware, etc.

Cheers and thanks, Simon