[linux-dvb] Re: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital 4

Gerald Hofer hofer at sgi.com
Wed Dec 13 03:27:52 CET 2006

 > Gak!  Maybe I should return it, and hunt for old stock of the Dual
 > Digital 2.  Is there any reason (features or otherwise) why I should
 > keep the Dual Digital 4?

I have the Dual Digital 2 and this card seems to be a little bit hit and
miss. Initially I had a lot of problems getting this card to work and
found that my antenna signal was on the lower end. When I fixed this
with an amplifier everything was running for a while without problems
(with a little hack to manipulate the frequencies for two channels here
in Brisbane/Australia). Now it seems that I have lost the ability to
tune into two channels on one of the tuners. I am working around this
problem by not recording anything there :-)

And it seems that the latest tree is breaking the support for the old
dual digital altogether - the last time I tried was a while back but I
could not get any channel to tune with the latest trunk - reverting to a
earlier version worked for me again.

So I would agree with Michael and say that the newer hardware should be
better. The two tuners on the old card are not the same...

Gerald