[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge Nova-T 500 crash

Robin Hill dvb at robinhill.me.uk
Wed Dec 13 14:44:56 CET 2006

On Wed Dec 13, 2006 at 03:01:47PM +0200, Hamalainen, Jari wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Crashed again. Now the card was loaded with debug options.
> I have attached the log of the crash.

Yes, it's a known issue (though the root cause is, AFAIK, unknown).  For
some reason the USB bus (on the card itself, so outside the direct
control of the drivers) is getting a disconnect.  Since the DVB drivers
don't handle hot-swapping, this causes a cascade of errors through to
the application (including a kernel oops).  Short of help from
Hauppauge, a major rewrite of the drivers, or a lot of trial & error,
I'm not sure there's a solution in view :(

Now I've disabled EIT scanning (in MythTV) I'm only seeing crashes every
few weeks (as opposed to every day with it enabled).

HTH,
        Robin
--
     ___