[linux-dvb] Re: Crash upon loading Nova-T 500 drivers

Michael Ditum mike at mikeditum.co.uk
Wed Dec 13 17:24:05 CET 2006

On 12/13/06, Robin Hill <dvb at robinhill.me.uk> wrote:

> On Tue Dec 12, 2006 at 05:22:41PM +0000, Michael Ditum wrote:
>
> That's very odd - here's what I get (on a reboot, so the firmware
> doesn't need reloading):
>
> dib0700: loaded with support for 2 different device-types
> dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T' in warm state.
> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
> demuxer.
> DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T).
> DVB: registering frontend 0 (DiBcom 3000MC/P)...
> MT2060: successfully identified (IF1 = 1220)
> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
> demuxer.
> DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T).
> DVB: registering frontend 1 (DiBcom 3000MC/P)...
> MT2060: successfully identified (IF1 = 1220)
> dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T 500 Dual DVB-T successfully initialized and
> connected.
>

> You're not trying to mix modules from the kernel tree & the v4l tree are
> you?  I think you need to remove everything from
> /lib/modules/XXXXXXX/kernel/drivers/media before running install on the
> v4l tree.
>
> Good news! I've managed to get the modules to load! I ended up running the
Fedora updating app (basically yup update) and updated the whole of the
system. I'm not completely sure what updated at the moment though there was
a fair bit. I'm gonna test it to make sure it works and then compare the
installs and work out what has changed.

I'll post my results just in case someone has the same problem!

Mike