[linux-dvb] TDA10086 (TT S-1401) DiSEqC problem

Chris Malarky chris at malarky.org
Tue Dec 19 23:32:50 CET 2006

Hi Hartmut,

On Mon, 2006-12-18 at 22:49 +0100, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

> Regarding the signal strength:
> Vladimir Monchenko just proposed a patch below.
> There also is a patch regarding the DiSEqC. I got another patch for
> review. I will attach it. Please note that it is reverted.
> Can you please test these and report the results. If you say they are ok,
> i will integrate them.

OK, firstly I followed Vladimir's idea to invert the reported signal
strength and quality.  This seemed to make sense as we were getting 20%
signal strength under Linux, against 84% under Windows.

I then applied the two patches you sent.  This then gave me a drop in
the reported signal strength by ~20%.

Can you explain what the patches are actually doing?  And perhaps any
other values I might try to tweak the signal any more?

Do you have access to datasheets for this card?

Cheers,
Chris
--
Chris Malarky