[linux-dvb] MT2060 IF1 calculation

Jose Alberto Reguero jareguero at telefonica.net
Wed Dec 20 20:24:38 CET 2006

El Miércoles, 6 de Diciembre de 2006 10:48, Patrick Boettcher escribió:
> Hi Hartmut,
>
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
> > I assume the MT2060 is similar to the MT2050. In this case, the IF center
> > frequency is defined by the SAW filter on the board. The TDA10046 driver
> > currently supports 2 "direct" IF frequencies: 36.125MHz and 36.1667MHz.
> > IF you have a down converter like the tda9889, you can use either
> > 5.1667MHz or 4.0, 4.5, 5.0MHz depending on the bandwidth.
> > These can be chosen in the tda1004x_config structure. It is possible to
> > add other frequencies, but yneed to extend some tables. The equations are
> > in the datasheet.
>
> The MT2060 is, afaik the MT2050, not similar at all. MT2050 is an in-can
> tuner whereas the MT2060 is a silicon tuner. The IF1 offset Chun Chung Lo
> is asking for is the offset for the first IF. This offset is to have a
> better alignment when the signal is at down-converted to the second IF
> (around 36 MHz).
>
> You can find a calibration function in the reference driver from
> Microtune. You should have it, when you are working on a hw-ref-design.
>
> A simple why to do is to try all offsets (after having the demod locked)
> and afterwards take the one where the demod gave you the highest C/N.
>
> Patrick.

I have a problem with the values of the eeprom of my WinTV NOVA-T 500. I think
they are wrong. They work better with the default value 1220. I try others
values that make better results, but I don know how to calaulate  the values
accurately.
Can you send to me how to claculate this values?

Thanks.
Jose Alberto