[linux-dvb] Skystar2 with different PCI-ID

Michael Joswig michael at joswig-altengamme.de
Sat Dec 23 09:51:07 CET 2006

You are right, I don't have Windows running on this system.

I bought the card a few days ago and plugged it into my system on
thursday, connected it and booted into my gentoo-linux. I had built a
new kernel with the drivers compiled as modules.
Hmm, I admit, that I took out an ISDN-card and put the Skystar2 into
the same slot.

After booting, I tried "modprobe -v budget" (found that on the Wiki),
but no card was found. Googling around, I found hints on using
flexcop, but that also didn't help.

Then I came across this mailinglist with your question (and the
answers from Yvan). I saw that I had the same problem and also tried
your patch (and the suggestion from Yvan).
I recompiled, shut down the system, plugged the Skystar2 into another
slot and rebooted.

Same problem. So I asked here. After your reply I installed the
kernel-modules for VMware, but didn't started vmware itself.

I let the system run over the night and on the next day, the ID was correct.

Could it be that the card, still connected to the Dish, made some
internal upgrade?

I do hope, that error does *not* come again :-)

Ciao,
  Michael