[linux-dvb] DViCO Fusion Dual DVB-T - Not sure what to try next

tim belina timbelina at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 04:00:32 CET 2006

'morning Peter, Kevin and all,

Thanks for your replies.  I have noted your suggestion on the kernel
update, but YaST does not allow me to upgrade the kernel past
2.6.13-15.13. I guess there is probably a way to install a kernel
outside of what YaST wants to do, but then I guess its going to be up
to me to handle the updates since YaST will no longer be able to
handle at  least the kernel patches.  Am I correct in this, or have I
misunderstood something?

BTW, the card is a DViCO Fusion DVB-T Duo Rev 1.4.  Running dmesg shows:
"Multimedia video controller: Conexant CX 23880/1/2/3 PCI Video and
Audio Decoder (rev 05)"

I thought maybe I could upgrade to a distro version that supports a
more recent kernel.  I have heard good things about Ubuntu, but
installation of 6.10 Edgy Eft fails for me; the installer seems to set
the input signal for the monitor  to an out-of-range value. *sigh* :-)
 There are some posts about this on a couple of groups though, so I'm
guessing its a problem that can be solved.

Any other ideas are most welcome.

Thanks again,
  Tim.