[linux-dvb] patch collection for Kernel 2.6.16-rc1

Uwe Bugla uwe.bugla at gmx.de
Wed Feb 1 16:57:35 CET 2006

After waiting 2 months for fixes to cancel the breakdown for Pinnacle
and compatibles in Kernel 2.6.15,
after waiting another 3 weeks for nothing I decided to do the following:

1. First of all a thousand thanks to Edgar Toernig (froese at gmx.de)
who supplied a patch collection for kernel 2.6.15, published on January 8,
2. I took this material and overworked it to be applied against Kernel
This package is perfect, there are no CR trailers and no fuzz comments.
It applies calmly as it should!

I want to announce that I sent it directly to AKPM, as I´m tired of waiting
for such a long time (almost 3 months now!!!).
I also want to announce that there is some stupid nerd among us sending in
destructive material to continue the breakdown for Pinnsat, Twinhan and
others. I noticed this stuff bringing down Pinnsat and compatibles in patch
2.6.16-rc1-mm4. Now why did I notice that: Because I tried to overwork
Edgar´s material for 2.6.16-rc1-mm4. It is only one line in the
dvb-bt8xx-module, but this one line fucks up the whole thing: PCTVSAT does
not work.

Now why I am so angry?
1. Because people like Johannes do not do the job they are being paid for at
the right time. I am not ready to wait half a year!
2. Because I will not and cannot understand what is going on in a brain that
is sending in patch material breaking down a fully functionable house.

So I appreciate everyone will have fun applying the appended text file
against Kernel 2.6.16-rc1.
And I hope this stuff will be part of the kernel as soon as possible.

At least I am tired of waiting now. I am not ready for waiting for the
christmas man 2006 for my card being supported again in regular kernel 2.6

Have fun

Uwe Bugla