[linux-dvb] patch collection for Kernel 2.6.16-rc1

Manu Abraham abraham.manu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 04:14:05 CET 2006

Hello Johannes,

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> If you look at my presence here on this list for the last few months
> it is quite obvious that it is time that someone else takes over,
> and puts on the maintainer hat officially. I suck.

It was only the motivation from you, (saying only for myself here) that
kept me going many a times when i was thinking like "when it would rain
in the desert", that kept me going on. I cannot forget the patient
guidance that you provided in the course of time to make things look
good. So even if you say those terms, what you said above i do do
disagree on what you said.

It is *only* because of you, we have at least a move as well as a
foundation in this aspect. It was *only* you who helped to resolve many
issues in the past.

So i would make my most deep hearted request, not to do something like
what you stated because of somebody's comment.
This would be a very big loss to the DVB community as a whole. Moreover
such a move would discourage many other developers too as a whole,
making them feel that the reward of hard work is this .. ? We have
already lost other people, and another loss like what you termed,is
something that i cannot imagine at all.

Yours Sincerely,
Manu