[linux-dvb] Add support for MT2060 tuner

Martin Richartz m.richartz at gmx.de
Sun Feb 5 20:00:53 CET 2006

Hello all,

since there are more devices coming up with the MT2060 tuner,
including the new Micronas reference design, I started to google
around for specifications, being aware that Microtune seems to
be very restrictive with informations on programming.

After a while I found specifications for a DVB tuner
module from Comtech, which contains a description of the serial
communication
registers of the MT2060 and the programming sequence (page 5 and 6 of
the PDF).
You can find it at the "Specifications" link on this page:
http://www.asia.manufacturers.globalsources.com/gsol/I/Tuner-module-
manufacturers/p/2000000003862/3000000149762/1000737843.htm

After a short look at mt20xx.c I think this could help to add support
for this chip.
(Well, why don't I do it? I'm afraid I'm not expert enough in Linux-
DVB and RF-related matters,
also, I don't have an MT2060 equipped device right now.)

With best regards,
Martin Richartz.