[linux-dvb] Re: Dvico FusionHDTV 5 USB Progress

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Tue Feb 7 18:32:23 CET 2006

Jeremy Lee wrote:

>Hi Michael,
>   I recently came across several forums and threads
>and found that you and Chris Pascoe have been working
>on Linux patches for the ATSC and DVB-T versions of
>the FusionHDTV USB tuner.
>   I just picked one up for myself and have been using
>it under WinXP [blech] so far. But I'm interested in
>getting it working under Fedora Core w/ MythTV.
>   Do you have a website with specific info on the
>updates/progress of the driver(s), or is it mainly the
>forums that you post new info/updates to?
>
>Just curious to track the current progress with the
>project.

Jeremy-

We have full support already merged into the upcoming 2.6.16 kernel for
DViCO FusionHDTV5 USB Gold.  Besides this model, the driver also
supports the three DVB-T versions of the device.

Chris Pascoe did the work to add support for the DVB-T Dual version of
this device.  I was the first to add bluebird support, and I added
support for the ATSC version myself, on New Years Eve.  [  Dont worry -
I got drunk that night in celebration ;-)  ]  A few days later, after
testing via the lists, I also added support for the LGZ201 and TH7579
models.

So far, I havent heard from any testers of the ATSC model, but I own one
myself and it is working very well.  I haven't gotten around to
programming the keymaps on the remote control, and analog support is not
yet ready.  Digital video IS working.

If you would like to use the new driver without upgrading to the
unreleased, development 2.6.16 kernel, you may do so by installing the
new modules from the v4l-dvb mercurial tree.

Instructions for doing this are located at http://linuxtv.org/cvs.php

If you have any troubles in the installation, please email support
requests to the video4linux and/or linux-dvb mailing lists.  I will
respond to you there, but I prefer that the emails be addressed to those
lists for the purpose of the archives, and because any questions that I
answer can help other users.  (you may add cc to my email as well)

Thank you for your interest... I hope this helps.

Michael Krufky