[linux-dvb] Re: Dvico FusionHDTV 5 USB Progress

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Tue Feb 7 20:47:50 CET 2006

Jeremy Lee wrote:

>Michael,
>  Thanks for all the information! I signed up for the
>linux-dvb mailing list and am replying to it now.

Just a quick note, common netiquette is to post your reply BELOW the
quoted text.... No big deal, but it makes a difference to readers trying
to catch up on the thread.

>I just checked out from Mercurial and installed
>everything remotely. I just hope I installed
>everything correctly! Unfortunately, I'm at work and
>the tuner is not plugged into my Linux box at home
>right now. When I get back I'll have to plug it in and
>see if it works.
>
>I remember you mentioning in another thread that the
>blue light should come on upon plugging in the device?
>Was there anything else that I needed to do? I made
>sure to get the bluebird*.fw firmware and put it in my
>hotplugs dir (in my case: /etc/hotplug). And I was
>successfully able to modprobe dvb-usb-cxusb

If you see FusionHDTV 5 USB Gold in your dmesg log, then it means that
the module was build and installed correctly.  You will notice a -110
error -- ignore it, it doesnt matter at all.

>BTW: I'm running this on 2.6.12-1.1381_FC3smp. Are
>there any known issues [so far] running on SMP or with
>2.6.12? I recall 2.6.12(?) is the first necessary
>kernel to recompile with the newer dvb support.

I am not familiar with the patches that go into FC3 kernels.  I
developed this code on a SMP box, and you should have no problems in
that regard.

You should try the device before asking any more "what if" questions
;-)  (I know that sounds rude, but I mean it in the nicest way possible)

You might also benefit from this howto (soon to be moved to the wiki,
when I get a chance) ... This will help for you to test functionality of
your box:

http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/atscscan/http://linuxtv.org/~mkrufky/atscscan/

Good Luck!

--