[linux-dvb] Re: High level CI support in MythTV

Klaas de Waal klaas.de.waal at hccnet.nl
Wed Feb 8 22:34:44 CET 2006

Hi Henrik & Manu,

This is to report a success!!
I have MythTV working with the Twinhan Cab-CI card for DVB-C with the
Alphacrypt 3.05  CA module (as sold by satshop.nl) and a conditional
access smartcard from  "tvhome" in the Netherlands (www.tvhome.nl).
I have done the following:
In the DST driver (hg version date 2 februari 2006):
- applied patch "linux-dvb/2006-January/007452.html" as referred to in
MythTV ticket #844
  I did this manually as patch does not seem to understand the
line-wrapped html format.
- edited the ".type_flags" definition of the DCT-CI device to
DST_TYPE_HAS_NEWTUNE | DST_TYPE_HAS_FW_2. This is described by Manu
somewhere. Patchfile dst.patch is attached.
In MythTV (svn version 8843 date 2 february 2006):
- applied patch in file "hcli.patch" as described in MythTV ticked #844.
- in file mythtv/libs/libmythtv/mpeg/mpegstreamdata.cpp modified the
code to check if a TS packet has Adaptation Field Control. According to
the error message this is a check for ATSC compliancy, but if these
packets are discarded it does not work. Patch file mpegstreamdata.patch
is attached.

of them). Scheduled recordings on MythTV backend are OK. EIT update of
MythTV database is also OK.
Remaining problem: timeout in MythTV frontend when selecting "Watch TV"
the first time. Restarting MythTV frontend fixes this; after this it
works OK until the PC is rebooted. I might fix this timeout if I can
find it.

If you put the DVB fixes in the hg version I can of course test it again.

Thanks a lot,
Klaas.