[linux-dvb] Re: DViCo PCI Dual-T USB Problem (SOLVED)

Michael Krufky mkrufky at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 16:48:01 CET 2006

Shannon Wynter wrote:

>I tried the gentoo git sources, but was unable to get anything useful
>out of it.
>
>That's kinda how I ended up trying out the cvs - which when I downloaded
>it last night, didn't have the patch included.

Ah! That makes sense.... We have discontinued use of cvs a few weeks
ago.  The repository is still available, but we are no longer updating
it.  The new, official v4l-dvb repository uses mercurial.

I don't know if Mauro updated the howto pages yet, but this is what you
should do:

1) wipe out your old v4l-dvb tree

2) install the mercurial package

3) hg clone http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb

4) cd v4l-dvb

5) make

6) (as root) make install

... in the future, to update your tree, do:

make pull  (from inside v4l-dvb)

...On the other hand, since you are familiar with git, you can pull from
the v4l-dvb.git tree on kernel.org:

http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/mchehab/v4l-dvb.git

>I have the FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital - The PCI card with one tuner
>on the pci bus, and the second tuner with option usb header on card (or
>on the back plate)
>
>How can I find out what tuners are on the card without shutting anything
>down? (it's recording atm)

The card uses two "dee1601" tuners, which seem to be very similar, if
not, the same as the Thomson DTT 7579.

>Here's my card (pci part) from the sources:
>                .subvendor = 0x18ac,
>                .subdevice = 0xdb50,
>                .card      = CX88_BOARD_DVICO_FUSIONHDTV_DVB_T_DUAL,
>
>And lsusb identifies the USB part as a bluebird (Bus 001 Device 004: ID
>0fe9:db51)

Good stuff -- That's what I wanted to know.

Thanks for the report.

Cheers,

Michael Krufky