[linux-dvb] Strange artifacts watching dvb-t

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Fri Feb 10 17:51:07 CET 2006

Cristo Saulo Bolaños Trujillo wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 17:36 +0100, Nico Sabbi wrote:
>

>> indeed it's an effect of interlacing.
>> DVB is also a new way to transmit the same old crap
>> (the consortium insists on permitting interlacing content)
>>

> Prfff... :/ right, is there any way to avoid it when watching TV ?

well, after having tried a number of deinterlacers I came to the conclusion
that the only one that works barely acceptably is a plain "field"
deinterlacer
(it's not a real dinterlacer: it simply discards one of the fields, but
it halves
the vertical resolution). It sucks, but at least combing goes away.
If you use mplayer you can enable it with -vf field

 Sponsor:
 Vinci con Suzi Wan!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=4720&d=10-2