[linux-dvb] DVICO DVB-T dual-digital

Collier Family judithc at bigpond.net.au
Tue Feb 14 12:50:13 CET 2006

Andrew,

dmesg is very helpfull. I looked to see what happened on boot (dmesg is only
usefull close to the event ).

The following logs nailed it

Feb 14 18:26:25 mythmaster kernel: dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T
Dual USB' in cold state, will try to load a firmware
Feb 14 18:26:25 mythmaster kernel: dvb-usb: did not find the firmware file.
(dvb-usb-bluebird-01.fw) Please see linux/Documentation/dvb/ for more
details on firmware-problems. (-2)
Feb 14 18:26:25 mythmaster kernel: dvb_usb_cxusb: probe of 1-1:1.0 failed
with error -22

in the documentation directory there was a perl script  get_dvb_firmware
that downloaded the firmware. Very neat from the developers. I will write a
little how to in the next couple of days as this seems to be a common
problem.

regards
Stephen