[linux-dvb] DVB-T devices supporting hierarchical mode?

Mauro Borghi mauro.borghi at TILAB.COM
Wed Feb 15 17:48:41 CET 2006

Patrick Boettcher wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

>>> It refers to the TPS, doesn't it?
>>

>> I only have the tda10046 data sheet at hand. Non-hierarchical
>> and alpha=1 are distinct register settings, and the HP/LP selector
>> is a seperate bit. IIRC the same is true for MT352.
>>
>> Do DibCom data sheets disagree?
>

> No.
>
> Select_HP is a bit and Alpha is another one.
>
> So, what does the HIERARCHY_1, _2 and _4 in linux-dvb mean?

I think the only sensible answer is _1, _2, _4 is the ALPHA value (with
_NONE meaning zero).

Looking at the interface of a professional decoder (from Tandberg), the
ALPHA value is automatically detected (like an _AUTO in linux-dvb),
while stream selection has three states: OFF, HIGH, LOW - and is user
selectable.
For what I understand, selecting OFF has the same effect of selecting HIGH.

 From all this thread of mails... it seems that stream selection is at
present not possible with current API and drivers. Is it?

Ciao,
Mauro.