[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 300i, please try this patch

Tim Small tim at buttersideup.com
Wed Feb 15 21:28:38 CET 2006

I tested Hartmut's patch yesterday - analogue now works, (the picture
was horrible, but this is apparently because a workman has broken the
cable in the roof space - I will test digital after I have fixed the
cable!).  With the patch I've not seen any more i2c errors anyway.

Rainer Schubert wrote:

> After I had patches the latest mercurial sources, I had the same
> errors as before again.
>
> Yesterday I used HG to download the sources for v4l-dvb and patched
> them with Hartmut's patch.  It seems there has been one reject this
> time.
>
> Make and make install worked fine but depmod complains about differences
> in module versions or symbole versions, I can't remember at the moment.

Use a more recent kernel, and apply the rejected diff by hand (i.e. just
look at the contents of the diff, and make the change yourself), or tell
patch to try harder.

Cheers,

Tim.