[linux-dvb] DVB-T devices supporting hierarchical mode?

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Thu Feb 16 14:11:25 CET 2006

Hi,

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Mauro Borghi wrote:
>> No.
>>
>> Select_HP is a bit and Alpha is another one.
>>
>> So, what does the HIERARCHY_1, _2 and _4 in linux-dvb mean?
>

> I think the only sensible answer is _1, _2, _4 is the ALPHA value (with _NONE
> meaning zero).

So
- NONE means no hierarchy and select HP
- _1, _2, _4 mean hierachy with appropriate alpha and select LP.

IMHO, we don't need an API change, but just a documentation update
(creation) and maybe the one or the other demod-driver needs to be
corrected. Perhaps we schedule this change to be put in along with
another API change.

regards,
Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de