[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 300i, please try this patch

Rainer Schubert lintv at dl6hbo.inka.de
Thu Feb 16 17:59:26 CET 2006

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

> Hi, Tim, Rainer

Hi Hartmut, Tim, Tim, List,

> Tim Small wrote:
>> I tested Hartmut's patch yesterday - analogue now works, (the picture was
>> horrible, but this is apparently because a workman has broken the cable in
>> the roof space - I will test digital after I have fixed the cable!).  With
>> the patch I've not seen any more i2c errors anyway.

There is almost no analogue TV here, only some weak signals by ARD & ZDF.
I never bothered with analogue TV as it was cut down here when I got my
first Pinnacle card.

[...]
>> Use a more recent kernel, and apply the rejected diff by hand (i.e. just
>> look at the contents of the diff, and make the change yourself), or tell
>> patch to try harder.

Isn't 2.6.14 recent enough ?

> The patch was created against an about 1 week old version, it is quite likely
> that it changed meanwhile. I guess the patches in saa7134-cards.c were
> rejected.

Looking at the log I produced it seems the patches to tuner.c have been
rejected.

> Please apply the changes manually - at least the one for the pinnacle 300i.
> It is a major portion of the trick. Also please keep in mind that the tda9887
> module needs to be loaded manually before tuner. I have a patch for this
> pending.

Tim sent his patched version which I will try this afternoon. Thanks Tim !

> If you have inconsistent module versions, i guess the reason is that the
> kernel is older than 2.6.12. In this case, the dvb modules will not be
> updated.

It is version 2.6.14 and the inconsistancy was with versions of symbols in
ir_kbd-something.

> If it is desired, i can also generate a patch for this to make it work for
> at least 2.6.11.

Thanks, Hartmut, not for me, as I have got a working setup with 2.6.12.5
as a fallback.

Regards,
Rainer
--