[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 300i, please try this patch

hermann pitton hermann.pitton at onlinehome.de
Thu Feb 16 23:07:49 CET 2006

Hi Guys,

Am Donnerstag, den 16.02.2006, 17:59 +0100 schrieb Rainer Schubert:
> On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
>
> > Hi, Tim, Rainer
>
> Hi Hartmut, Tim, Tim, List,
>
> > Tim Small wrote:
> >> I tested Hartmut's patch yesterday - analogue now works, (the picture was
> >> horrible, but this is apparently because a workman has broken the cable in
> >> the roof space - I will test digital after I have fixed the cable!).  With
> >> the patch I've not seen any more i2c errors anyway.
>
> There is almost no analogue TV here, only some weak signals by ARD & ZDF.
> I never bothered with analogue TV as it was cut down here when I got my
> first Pinnacle card.
>
> [...]
> >> Use a more recent kernel, and apply the rejected diff by hand (i.e. just
> >> look at the contents of the diff, and make the change yourself), or tell
> >> patch to try harder.
>
> Isn't 2.6.14 recent enough ?

yes, even 2.6.12 should be recent enough.

> > The patch was created against an about 1 week old version, it is quite likely
> > that it changed meanwhile. I guess the patches in saa7134-cards.c were
> > rejected.

It produces only an offset of 26 lines here, caused by the new Elsa
card.

> Looking at the log I produced it seems the patches to tuner.c have been
> rejected.

Only an offset of two lines caused by the new #ifdef for the XCeive
tuner. This part is needed to set the mt2050 in digital mode again.

> > Please apply the changes manually - at least the one for the pinnacle 300i.
> > It is a major portion of the trick. Also please keep in mind that the tda9887
> > module needs to be loaded manually before tuner. I have a patch for this
> > pending.
>
> Tim sent his patched version which I will try this afternoon. Thanks Tim !
>
> > If you have inconsistent module versions, i guess the reason is that the
> > kernel is older than 2.6.12. In this case, the dvb modules will not be
> > updated.
>
> It is version 2.6.14 and the inconsistancy was with versions of symbols in
> ir_kbd-something.

Try modprobe -r to the related modules. This will also remove the old
ir-common.

> > If it is desired, i can also generate a patch for this to make it work for
> > at least 2.6.11.
>
> Thanks, Hartmut, not for me, as I have got a working setup with 2.6.12.5
> as a fallback.

Since it seems to produce problems for more people, a regenerated
version of Hartmut's patch against the recent "hg clone
http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb" is attached.

It should do if placed into the mercurial v4l-dvb top level directory
and there
"patch --dry-run -p 1 < pinnacle300i-regenerated-20060216.patch".
If so, drop the --dry-run and apply. I would like to see the first
saa7134-dvb hybrid card alive again everywhere :)

Cheers,
Hermann