[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 300i, please try this patch

Rainer Schubert lintv at dl6hbo.inka.de
Fri Feb 17 16:50:28 CET 2006

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, hermann pitton wrote:

> Hi Guys,

Hi Hermann,

[...]
>> Isn't 2.6.14 recent enough ?
>
> yes, even 2.6.12 should be recent enough.

I thought so as I have got a working setup with 2.6.12.5 kernel.

[...]
> It produces only an offset of 26 lines here, caused by the new Elsa
> card.

It does not (yet) produce anything different from what it did without
the patch. :-)

>> Looking at the log I produced it seems the patches to tuner.c have been
>> rejected.
>
> Only an offset of two lines caused by the new #ifdef for the XCeive
> tuner. This part is needed to set the mt2050 in digital mode again.

Hmmmm...

>>> Please apply the changes manually - at least the one for the pinnacle 300i.
>>> It is a major portion of the trick. Also please keep in mind that the tda9887
>>> module needs to be loaded manually before tuner. I have a patch for this
>>> pending.
>>
>> Tim sent his patched version which I will try this afternoon. Thanks Tim !
>>
>>> If you have inconsistent module versions, i guess the reason is that the
>>> kernel is older than 2.6.12. In this case, the dvb modules will not be
>>> updated.
>>
>> It is version 2.6.14 and the inconsistancy was with versions of symbols in
>> ir_kbd-something.
>
> Try modprobe -r to the related modules. This will also remove the old
> ir-common.

Right. But I prefer a reboot, to be sure all modules a loaded in the right
order.

[...]
> Since it seems to produce problems for more people, a regenerated
> version of Hartmut's patch against the recent "hg clone
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb" is attached.

Thank you Hermann !

> It should do if placed into the mercurial v4l-dvb top level directory
> and there
> "patch --dry-run -p 1 < pinnacle300i-regenerated-20060216.patch".
> If so, drop the --dry-run and apply. I would like to see the first
> saa7134-dvb hybrid card alive again everywhere :)

Same here as the card performs beautifully under Windows and so seems
to be quite a solid bit of hardware.

> Cheers,
> Hermann

Regards,