[linux-dvb] Pinnacle 300i, please try this patch WORKING !

Rainer Schubert lintv at dl6hbo.inka.de
Sat Feb 18 10:03:59 CET 2006

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

> Hi,

Hi all,

[...]

> I will attach the patch that hopefully fixes the module load order issue.
> I haven't updated my workspace for a while, so it might be that it does not
> apply out of the box.

Thanks Hartmut for that one ! The card finally works, even with a small
non-amplified indoor antenna, which originally belongs to the Cinergy T²
device.

What I have done is apply your (Hartmut's) patch on top of the one Hermann
did supply, issue "make clean;make;make install;reboot" and try the card
under Windows to make sure it is not broken.

> The main thing is in the tda8290.c. If probing for the tda8290 fails, the
> code now assumes it is a tda9886 and restores its power on defaults.

There are still some issues, as the card ignores some of the transponders
in my dvb-t/de-Hamburg file, which it was able to receive in June last
year, but I am happy to see it working again !

> Best regards
>   Hartmut

Regards,
Rainer