[linux-dvb] DiBcom MOD3000 driver gone?

Gabriele Turchi turchi at ntsc.com
Sun Feb 19 11:30:17 CET 2006

Hi all.

I have an old VisionPlus USB 1.1 dvb-t VP-7041E, running flawless on a
fedora 3 with dvb_dibusb driver (well, the signal is very low..). When
connecting the unit, in dmesg I read:

    drivers/media/dvb/dibusb/dvb-dibusb-core.c: DiBcom USB1.1 DVB-T
      reference design (MOD3000) successfully initialized and connected.

Today I attached the same unit to a fedora 4 AMD64 (x86_64) equipped PC,
and nothing happened... I don't see anything in dmesg after the

    usb 2-5: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 4

Apparently, searching in 2.6.15 sources, the VID and PID are still in
dvb-usb-ids.h, but only there...

What happened?

Thank you.

Gabriele Turchi