[linux-dvb] kworld atsc110 audio + misc

maillist maillist at boilerbots.com
Fri Feb 24 03:48:08 CET 2006

Bob wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I wanted to reply to Curt's list of issues with the Kworld ATSC110 card:
>
>1.  I am able to play back 1080i HDTV, both video and 5.1 spdif audio,
>quite well.  As good as a borrowed 'reference' HD3000 card.
>
>2.  I too can't get digitized Analog TV station sound (not using the
>loopback cable).  I've tried loading the saa7134-alsa module, but the
>only message i get is a 'adding registered card (-1)'
>message.   must be an alsa problem?  anyone get this to work? can't
>seem to find any info on this module.
>
>3.  Would love to have IR working as well!
>
>This weekend I will give QAM a try, but not sure Comcast has any
>non-encrypted channels left.
>

>Thanks for everyone's hard work.  The dvb/v4l project is great!
>
>regards,
>Bob

This is a copy of what I sent to Bob:

I think I was going down the wrong path on the IR Remote. What I
originally noticed is that the driver in windows is polling the GPIO
register. I figured that must be how it reads the bits coming in. In the
saa7134 code in the saa7134-ir.c (or was it saa7134-i2c.c) you see that
is supports polling. I went down that route but it wasn't making any
sense. So I went back and studied the logs a bit harder and now I see
that it sometimes reads from a device through the I2C port. I don't have
my notes with me at work so I can't tell you the address, but I see it
reads from an I2C device and gets a series of 0xFF data followed by 0x10
and then 0xFF again. This didn't at first seem helpful because I was
pressing two different keys, but later in the log I found an instance of
0xFF, 0x11, 0xFF. So maybe it does mean something.

It is quite possible that the unknown part on the board, the KS007 part
is a microcontroller with code that handles the IR. I am going to try to
capture more tonight with my bus analyzer and push more buttons on the
remote than two.

Curt