[linux-dvb] typhoon usb dvb-t card low signal

Bertrand Marquis bertrand.marquis at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 11:19:24 CET 2006

Hi,

I am trying to make a Typhoon dvb-t usb to work under linux.

When i plug the card, the kernel detects it correctly as a typhoon card, load
the firmware i downloaded in linuxtv and then the led is on. I am then able
to look for channels using scandvb and i can found all channels available in
my area.

The problem is that i have a really low signal:

[bma at localhost ~]$ tzap -c channels.conf2 ProSieben
using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
tuning to 738000000 Hz
video pid 0x0131, audio pid 0x0132
status 1f | signal 4747 | snr ecec | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
status 1f | signal 4747 | snr ebeb | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK

Under windows the typhoon application says that i have a signal of about 95%
and the same for the snr and then i can look television without problems.

But under linux i can see practically nothing and kaffeine says that my signal
is only 20%.

Does anyone has this problem and knows how to solve it ?

Thanks in advance

Bertrand

PS: if that can help i only have usb 1.1 but that doesn't create any problem.
PS2: i have a 2.6.12 kernel from mandriva and i also tried the kernel 2.6.15
from kernel.org but the result is the same