[linux-dvb] Re: Avermedia 771 random failures

nyk nyk at giantx.co.uk
Sat Feb 25 13:03:09 CET 2006

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 01:07:37AM -0000, M wrote:

> > The kernel that currently works well and I see less failed recordings is
> > 2.6.12-rc3 however it does still happen.
> >
> > I was seeing a lot of mt352_read_register errors when booting this
>
> I'm beging to think that the register read error is due to an insufficient
> PSU. I've put a much bigger PSU on and it's weems to be working well.
> 2.6.15 is still intermittent though.

I had some problem with bad recordings when I was running cpufreq with the
ondemand cpufreq/scaling_governor. It eventually went away when I forced
the CPU to run at full speed. I didn't notice any errors on dmesg, just
lots of uncorrectable errors, so this might not be your problem.

This isn't going to be much help if you're not running cpufreq tho'...

Nyk
--
/__
\_|\/