[linux-dvb] DVB-c not working with Kernel 2.6.11. but with Kernel 2.4.x it does

Gerhard Steiner GSteiner at gmx.at
Fri Jan 6 18:31:44 CET 2006

Hello,
due to some reasons I had to upgrade my system to Suse 9.3 with Kernel
2.6.11.4-21.9-default.
But now my DVB-c Hauppauge 727 does not work properly anymore.
On all channels I am having heavy distortions (picture and sound).

Now I tried VDR-inside (a vdr system with a kernel 2.4.x) and all the
channels are perfect again.

So for me it is definitely a problem of the new driver version.
Does anyone know this problem?
Could it be a problem within the driver or the firmware?

My provider UPC Vienna is using QAM 256.

Could anyone help me please?
Thanks a lot for any help!!
best regards
Gerhard