[linux-dvb] [PATCH] Add support for DViCO FusionHDTV5 USB Gold

Michael Krufky mkrufky at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 06:55:07 CET 2006


On 1/5/06, strider400 at optusnet.com.au <strider400 at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi Michael
>
> After the id change I can now tune using tzap, but no data shows up in dvr0. Also I have to reboot to tune again or tzap says "frontend busy". Xine also fails, it seems to tune but then just sits there. I tried using the windows firmware (bluebird.sys) but it wouldn't load.
>
> hope this helps...
>
> Ben
>
>
> dmesg
>
> usb 1-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 2
> dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T2 USB (DD10)' in cold state, will try to load a firmware
> dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-bluebird-01.fw'
> usbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_cxusb
> usb 1-4: USB disconnect, address 2
> dvb-usb: generic DVB-USB module successfully deinitialized and disconnected.
> usb 1-4: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
> dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T2 USB (DD10)' in warm state.
> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
> DVB: registering new adapter (DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T2 USB (DD10)).
> dvb-usb: recv bulk message failed: -110
> DVB: registering frontend 0 (Zarlink MT352 DVB-T)...
> dvb-usb: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T2 USB (DD10) successfully initialized and connected.
[snipped lsusb and lsmod]

> [strider at localhost ~]$ tzap -r "ABC TV Sydney"
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
> tuning to 226500000 Hz
> status 00 | signal 431f | snr 0000 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 |
> status 1f | signal b7df | snr d9d9 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1f | signal b7ff | snr d1d1 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1f | signal b7af | snr dcdc | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1f | signal b7cf | snr d7d7 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1f | signal b7ff | snr d3d3 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1f | signal b80f | snr d8d8 | ber 0000011e | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1f | signal ba2f | snr dddd | ber 0000011e | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1f | signal b8cf | snr d8d8 | ber 0000011e | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1f | signal b8cf | snr dbdb | ber 0000011e | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1f | signal b85f | snr dada | ber 0000011e | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
>


Ben-

I made a silly error.....

Please do the following:

Look for static struct dvb_usb_properties cxusb_bluebird_dtt7579_properties = {

Go down a bit, to the .urb = { section, and change:

.endpoint = 0x02,

to

.endpoint = 0x04,

...I think that will make it work.  Please continue to use the
firmware that you downloaded using the get_dvb_firmware script -- The
bluebird.sys file from the windows driver will definately not work.  I
am working on a solution for the firmware bug I mentioned earlier, but
it will not affect your testing, because of the change that I asked
you to make in dvb-usb-ids.h .

Please let me know if this works for you.

-Michael Krufky



More information about the linux-dvb mailing list