[linux-dvb] Another Twinhan VP20310 problem

Henrik Sjoberg hsjo at epact.se
Sun Jan 8 14:34:53 CET 2006


Hi,

You need to supply the -r option to czap to set up /dev/dvb/adapterX/dvr0
for TS recording. This seems not to be documented for czap (czap -h) but
is for tzap and szap (se szap -h). However, the option seems to be present
in the source code for czap.

So something like:
peterr-alfa2 ~ # czap -r "RTL 5"

and then in another window (while still running czap in the first):
peterr-alfa2 ~ # cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > /data/test.ts


Hope this helps.

Regards,
Henrik

> I have already going through:
> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-September/004871.html
>
> The card can tune and scan. But no picture.
> I have try:
>
> peterr-alfa2 ~ # czap "RTL 5"
> using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
> reading channels from file '/root/.czap/channels.conf'
>   4 RTL 5:340000000:INVERSION_AUTO:6875000:FEC_NONE:QAM_64:1910:1911:2009
>   4 RTL 5: f 340000000, s 6875000, i 2, fec 0, qam 3, v 0x776, a 0x777
> status 00 | signal 0000 | snr 0000 | ber 6e65672d | unc 34312e36 |
> status 1f | signal 0000 | snr 3200 | ber 6e65672d | unc 34312e36 |
> FE_HAS_LOCK
> status 1f | signal 0000 | snr 3200 | ber 6e65672d | unc 34312e36 |
> FE_HAS_LOCK
>
> And:
>
> peterr-alfa2 ~ # cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > /data/test.ts
> The test.ts is 0 bytes and wont play.
>
> And:
>
> Mplayer dvb://"RTL 5"
> Mplayer crashed because it can't read the stream.
>
> If I start the czap command this will written in the dmesg (a peace of
> it):
>
> rdc_reset_state: Resetting state machine
> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0000]
> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0002]
> writing [ 09 00 05 30 20 00 1a db 40 6d ]
> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
> read_dst: reply is 0xff
> dst_wait_dst_ready: dst wait ready after 2
> read_dst: reply is 0x9
>  0x0 0x5 0x30 0x20 0x0 0x1a 0xdb 0x40 0x6d
> dst_comm_init: Initializing DST.
> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0001], outhigh=[0000]
> rdc_reset_state: Resetting state machine
> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0000]
> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0002]
> writing [ 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 fb ]
> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
> read_dst: reply is 0xff
> dst_wait_dst_ready: dst wait ready after 2
> read_dst: reply is 0x0
>  0x5 0x0 0x32 0x0 0x5c 0x0 0x6d
> dst_comm_init: Initializing DST.
> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0001], outhigh=[0000]
> rdc_reset_state: Resetting state machine
> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0000]
> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0002]
> writing [ 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 fb ]
> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
> read_dst: reply is 0xff
> dst_wait_dst_ready: dst wait ready after 2
> read_dst: reply is 0x0
>  0x5 0x0 0x32 0x0 0x5c 0x0 0x6d
> dst_comm_init: Initializing DST.
> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0001], outhigh=[0000]
> rdc_reset_state: Resetting state machine
> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0000]
> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[0002], enbb=[0002], outhigh=[0002]
> writing [ 00 05 00 00 00 00 00 fb ]
> dst_gpio_outb: mask=[ffffffff], enbb=[0000], outhigh=[0000]
> read_dst: reply is 0xff
> dst_wait_dst_ready: dst wait ready after 2
> read_dst: reply is 0x0
>  0x5 0x0 0x32 0x0 0x5c 0x0 0x6d
>
>
> There is one thing I didn't try, because I can't find:
>> try changing the dst_tlist[]  (for DCT-CI )
>> .type_flags = DST_TYPE_HAS_NEWTUNE | DST_TYPE_HAS_FW_2
>> only and see what happens.
>
> I using kernel 2.6.14 r5 (gentoo)
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Jovana
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> linux-dvb mailing list
> linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
> http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/linux-dvb
>





More information about the linux-dvb mailing list