[linux-dvb] How do frontend numbers get assigned?
jamesp at hisser.org
Thu Jan 12 15:03:44 CET 2006
I have an annoying problem with my new dual tuner setup. My machine
contains a PCI DVB-S card and a USB DVB-T card now.
If I boot up from cold (power up) the PCI card gets frontend ID 0 and
the USB gets ID 1.
If however I perform a warm reboot after this, something is different
(presumably the USB stick doesn't need a firmware download anymore) and
the USB gets ID 2 and the PCI card gets ID 1 !
This confuses the hell out of MythTV and it can't cope with it very
well. I'm not sure if this is a USB problem or what, but am hoping
someone on the list can help. From what I can see, this is the sequence
1. USB stick gets a firmware download and gets DVB ID 0
2. USB stick gets "deinitialized and disconnected" and gives up DVB ID 0
3. PCI card gets DVB ID 0
4. USB stick gets "initialized and connected" and gets DVB ID 1
1. USB gets discovered in warm state and gets DVB ID 0
2. PCI card gets DVB ID 1
3. USB gets discovered AGAIN and gets DVB ID 2
4. The USB dvb instance at ID 0 is lost somehow...
The complete boot logs are available here:
cold boot: http://pastebin.com/502343
warm boot: http://pastebin.com/502344
Is there any way of doing "persistent binding" of DVB devices? Can
anyone suggest something that I could do here?
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
More information about the linux-dvb