[linux-dvb] Does there exist a DVB-S card with CI that works onLinux

jf-m cestjihef at intnet.mu
Fri Jan 13 00:46:16 CET 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jesper Taxbøl" <jesper at taxboel.dk>
To: <linux-dvb at linuxtv.org>
Sent: Friday, January 13, 2006 1:17 AM
Subject: [linux-dvb] Does there exist a DVB-S card with CI that works
onLinux

Hi everybody,

I am very confused. I would like to feed my pay-TV (Canal Digital in
Denmark) into a MythTV box, but cant seem to find my way in the vast
jungle of cards.

I have tried a Terratec 1200 DVB-S, that could tune fine, but there exist
no CI card to assist it. In my second attemt I got my hands on a Pinnacle
PCTV Sat CI card, but it is very unstable, and I cant make the CI module
work.

I would very much like to hear from people who have used a DVB-S card with
CI.

/Jesper

Hello :)

Have a look here : http://www.hauppauge.fr/pages/prod_digital-s.html
I'm using a DVB-S card from them ( the one before the Nexus ) and it works
fine with CI

hth,
jf