[linux-dvb] SkyStar2 reporting unknown FlexCop revision

Johannes Stezenbach js at linuxtv.org
Thu Jan 19 13:04:41 CET 2006

On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 11:16:33AM +0100, Pavel Paprok wrote:
> [...]

                                                 ^typo

> >>Please report the linux-dvb at linuxtv.org.
> >
> >On which platform you are using the flexcop-driver? PPC or (normal) PC?
> >Most likely your card is broken. To be sure that it is not a driver
> >problem, you should try it in windows.
>
> PC, Pentium4, 3GHz, Intel desktop board D865GBF,
> this card was a working in Win but it was in some months ago
> and in other pc...   maybe I should try it in Win now again :-(

Reading chip revision register doesn't work -> hardware problem.
(well, could also be a PCI BIOS/chipset-driver problem)

Can you try to put the card in a different slot?
If you try Windows, it would be interesting to know if the card
works with Win on the same PC with the card in the same slot.
Then it would also be interesting to compare lcpci output
(don't know how to do it in windows, though).

Johannes