[linux-dvb] Tuning Issue - Southern UK

Andrew Cowper lin-dvb at bloat.plus.com
Sat Jan 21 01:29:15 CET 2006

Hi -

Can anyone explain why I can tune my Freecom DVB USB stick using the
Crystal Palace settings, which is about 25 miles from my house, but
not the Hemel Hempstead settings, which is about 5 miles?

I wouldn't mind but the reception is terrible. My Freeview box from
Tesco has great reception, so I'm not sure what the problem is...

Crystal Palace:
T 505833333 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2k 1/32 NONE

Hemel Hempstead:
T 816000000 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2K 1/32 NONE

Any hints on diagnosis would be great...

--
Andrew Cowper