[linux-dvb] new/unsupported usb device 1498/9206

DAniele Gobbetti gdaniele at gmx.net
Wed Jan 25 15:14:45 CET 2006

Il giorno mer, 25/01/2006 alle 14.56 +0100, Patrick Boettcher ha

> The strings in the driver do not tell you much about the real hardware
> inside.. Do you have a picture of the device somewhere? Can you open the
> device and have a look at the ICs used?
Sure thing:

IC list:
Near the Antenna there's a IC named MT2060F
Then there are other two chips: the Uli (marked as M9206 A1) and another
one, MT352 CG.

Additionally there's an Atmel532.

--8<--entire ICs data--8<--

M9206 A1
0523 TU05

MT352 CG

I don't have a good quality picture (and can't take it right now) but I
can upload it on my site if it's needed.

> Indeed there is/will be a device around with ULI USB bridge and DiBcom
> demodulator, but I don't know when.

Well, if I can contribute just let me know.

> The problem is, that the ULI USB bridge is not supported by OpenSource
> drivers. When they claim Linuxsupport, they maybe provide a binary driver
> or it was just a marketing gag :).

These are bad news... guess that was only marketing.

> Sorry to tell you that,
> Patrick.

Don't worry. Thanks for the quick reply indeed!