[linux-dvb] WinTV Nova-CI-S remote control

Michael Carter mjcarter at btconnect.com
Thu Jun 1 01:17:30 CEST 2006

Guys,
I've got a Hauppauge Nova-CI-S card, the actual DVB part works fine,
picture and sound are great. I'm having trouble however with getting the
remote control working and was wondering if anyone could provide assistance.

Does anyone know if the remote supplied with this card is supported
under lirc etc and what kernel module it uses? I've tried all of them I
think and cant get anywhere.

The remote appears to be unmarked - doesnt even say Hauppauge on it like
my Nova-T did. I've had quite a long look on the internet and am at a
loss now on how to get it to work.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Mike

Relevant parts of dmesg output:

saa7146: register extension 'budget dvb'.
PCI: Found IRQ 11 for device 0000:00:0a.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 0000:00:10.4
PCI: Sharing IRQ 11 with 0000:00:11.5
saa7146: found saa7146 @ mem e0a5c000 (revision 1, irq 11) (0x13c2,0x1017).
DVB: registering new adapter (TT-Budget/WinTV-NOVA-S PCI (rev AL/alps
bsbe1 lnbp21 frontend)).
adapter has MAC addr = 00:d0:5c:24:91:0b
DVB: registering frontend 0 (ST STV0299 DVB-S)...

Output of lspci:

00:0a.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: Technotrend Systemtechnik GmbH: Unknown device 1017
        Memory at e2020000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]