[Fwd: Re: [linux-dvb] dvb-t stream in mpeg-4]

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Fri Jun 2 20:52:31 CEST 2006

Soyeb Aswat wrote:

>Mehdi,
>

>>In france, I could receive and decode the h.264 HD signal using VLC
>>0.8.5 compiled with a recent version of ffmpeg from subversion
>>repository  which support h.264 MBAFF.
>>for marseille it is something like :
>>    vlc -vvv  dvb-t:adapter=0:frequency=482000000:bandwidth=8
>>--program=3585
>>with a athlon64 3400+, 512MB ram, the image is nearly fluid and beautiful.
>>

>Thanks for that, I've got it working to the extent that it tunes and
>decodes the first picture, but then it freezes :-(  I'll post to the vlc
>lists for help on that point.
>

>>btw, vlc could find the video/audio pid and reported 120/130. but even
>>using those values for  mplayer/xine, I couldn't see the video (but I
>>got audio). looks like they are expecting mpeg2 even if I force the
>>codec to h264...
>>

>That's a shame because I use mplayer extensively.
>
>Regards,
>
>Soyeb

when dealing with other video codecs than mpeg1/2 in mpeg-ts, tables
(PAT/PMT) are
necessary, because otherwise all video streams will be misrecognized as
mpeg2.
The attached patch permits to specify the format of the video stream,
but don't ask
me to commit it to cvs/cvn (too nasty).

>I have dvbsnoop installed, but could you give me more precise
>instructions, like which switches to use?

>As for decode_pat and decode_pmt, I have libdvbpsi installed but they
>don't seem to be a part of it.

decode_p[am]t  are in examples/

decode_pat file.ts
decode_pmt file.ts  program pid

dvbsnoop is a bit harder to use:

something like
$ dvbsnoop -s ts -pd 7 -tssubdecode -nph  -if file.ts > log.txt
where you need to search Stream_type

    Nico