[linux-dvb] Driver request/help - Yuan PG300 DVB-T

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Fri Jun 9 16:26:35 CEST 2006

Daniel Mons wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the right place to request such things, or
> even correct
> etiquette...
>
> I have a Yuan "Stratford" PG300 DVB-T PCI card which uses the cx8xx
> module.  So
> far with some stumbling in the dark on my behalf and using a dozen or so
> "card=XX" parameters I've been unable to get the tuner working
> (haven't tested
> to see if the analogue S-Video is working under other drivers yet).
>
> Currently I'm using a 2.6.16 "gentoo-sources-r9" kernel which reports
> 25 odd
> known cx88 cards.  By the looks of it, the card hasn't yet been added
> to the
> latest list I could find in the mercurial lists on the site.
>
> If someone could throw me a bone as to where I need to start hacking,
> or if
> there's an appropriate driver I can use that might work with this
> device, I'd be
> grateful.  Or even better, if someone wants to go right ahead and add
> support
> themselves, I'd be downright giddy.
>
> Nice card, by the way.  Around AU$50-70 which is appealing price
> wise.  And Yuan
> are starting to build a big presence here in Australia too.
What happens if you try this:

modprobe cx88xx card=19
modprobe cx88-dvb

...I'd imagine that might actually get the card working, although it
would be nice to add your card's subsystem id into the driver for
autodetection.  Please try the above, and send back to the list the
output produced in 'dmesg' , regardless of whether it works or not.
After that, I can generate some patches for you to test.

Cheers,

Michael Krufky