[linux-dvb] Driver request/help - Yuan PG300 DVB-T

Daniel Mons daniel.mons at iinet.net.au
Sat Jun 10 05:01:01 CEST 2006

Michael Krufky wrote:
> What happens if you try this:
>
> modprobe cx88xx card=19
> modprobe cx88-dvb
>
> ...I'd imagine that might actually get the card working, although it
> would be nice to add your card's subsystem id into the driver for
> autodetection.  Please try the above, and send back to the list the
> output produced in 'dmesg' , regardless of whether it works or not.
> After that, I can generate some patches for you to test.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael Krufky

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the quick response.  dmesg output from the above is:

mythtv ~ # modprobe cx88xx card=19
mythtv ~ # modprobe cx88-dvb
mythtv ~ # dmesg
cx2388x dvb driver version 0.0.5 loaded
CORE cx88[0]: subsystem: 12ab:2300, board: Conexant DVB-T reference
design [card=19,insmod option]
TV tuner 4 at 0x1fe, Radio tuner -1 at 0x1fe
ACPI: PCI Interrupt 0000:00:0a.2[A] -> Link [LNKC] -> GSI 10 (level,
low) -> IRQ 10
cx88[0]/2: found at 0000:00:0a.2, rev: 5, irq: 10, latency: 32, mmio:
0xe3000000
cx88[0]/2: cx2388x based dvb card
DVB: registering new adapter (cx88[0]).
DVB: registering frontend 0 (Conexant CX22702 DVB-T)...

Also here (tell me if you can't see the site - I had to do some heavy IP
blocking due to SPAM problems earlier in the year):
http://www.gamedude.com.au/yuan/

I'll do some testing later this afternoon to see how that goes.  So far
a few combinations of card=XX have given me a "working" card as far as
analogue inputs go, but I'm still struggling to get the tuner working
for Australian free-to-air DVB-T.

Let me know if there's anything else you need from me.

-Dan