[linux-dvb] Remote for the DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 09:42:30 CEST 2006

>.. having fiddled around (quite successful) with my cinergyT2's remote
>which also registers itself within the linux input layer, I'm
>currently wondering, why you are specifying "--driver=dvico"
>(==> hidddev) and not "--driver=dev/input".

Using "--driver=dvico" since "--driver=dev/input" does not work.

[root at localhost etc]# irrecord --driver=dev/input --device=/dev/input/event2 /home/mythtv/new.conf
Driver `dev/input' not supported.
Supported drivers:
        default
[root at localhost etc]# irrecord --driver=default --device=/dev/input/event2 /home/mythtv/new.conf

irrecord -  application for recording IR-codes for usage with lirc

Copyright (C) 1998,1999 Christoph Bartelmus(lirc at bartelmus.de)

irrecord: could not init hardware (lircd running ? --> close it, check permissions)
[root at localhost etc]# ps -ef |grep lirc
root     17918  3373  0 17:21 pts/1    00:00:00 grep lirc

>The later (dev/input) worked for me at least after enabling "input device events"
>(INPUT_EVDEV=y) in the kernel. (Do you have a device node for your remote,
>i. e. /dev/input/eventX, or just the /sys/class/input/... entries?)

Yes, I have both.

[root at localhost etc]# ls /dev/input/*
/dev/input/event0  /dev/input/event1  /dev/input/event2  /dev/input/mice  /dev/input/mouse0

[root at localhost etc]# ls /sys/class/input/*
/sys/class/input/event0:
dev  device  uevent

/sys/class/input/event1:
dev  device  uevent

/sys/class/input/event2:
dev  uevent

/sys/class/input/input0:
capabilities  device  event0  id  modalias  name  phys  uevent  uniq

/sys/class/input/input1:
capabilities  device  event1  id  modalias  mouse0  name  phys  uevent  uniq

/sys/class/input/input2:
capabilities  event2  id  modalias  name  phys  uevent  uniq

/sys/class/input/mice:
dev  uevent

/sys/class/input/mouse0:
dev  device  uevent