[linux-dvb] Remote for the DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Digital

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 09:42:30 CEST 2006

>.. having fiddled around (quite successful) with my cinergyT2's remote
>which also registers itself within the linux input layer, I'm
>currently wondering, why you are specifying "--driver=dvico"
>(==> hidddev) and not "--driver=dev/input".

Using "--driver=dvico" since "--driver=dev/input" does not work.

[root at localhost etc]# irrecord --driver=dev/input --device=/dev/input/event2 /home/mythtv/new.conf
Driver `dev/input' not supported.
Supported drivers:
[root at localhost etc]# irrecord --driver=default --device=/dev/input/event2 /home/mythtv/new.conf

irrecord -  application for recording IR-codes for usage with lirc

Copyright (C) 1998,1999 Christoph Bartelmus(lirc at bartelmus.de)

irrecord: could not init hardware (lircd running ? --> close it, check permissions)
[root at localhost etc]# ps -ef |grep lirc
root     17918  3373  0 17:21 pts/1    00:00:00 grep lirc

>The later (dev/input) worked for me at least after enabling "input device events"
>(INPUT_EVDEV=y) in the kernel. (Do you have a device node for your remote,
>i. e. /dev/input/eventX, or just the /sys/class/input/... entries?)

Yes, I have both.

[root at localhost etc]# ls /dev/input/*
/dev/input/event0  /dev/input/event1  /dev/input/event2  /dev/input/mice  /dev/input/mouse0

[root at localhost etc]# ls /sys/class/input/*
dev  device  uevent

dev  device  uevent

dev  uevent

capabilities  device  event0  id  modalias  name  phys  uevent  uniq

capabilities  device  event1  id  modalias  mouse0  name  phys  uevent  uniq

capabilities  event2  id  modalias  name  phys  uevent  uniq

dev  uevent

dev  device  uevent

Any other ideas?

Do You Yahoo!?