[linux-dvb] Fusion 3 Gold (18ac:d800)

Michael Krufky mkrufky at linuxtv.org
Mon Jun 19 23:02:38 CEST 2006

Please do not drop the mailing list from CC unless the content of the
email should be kept private.

Big Daddy wrote:
> Actually, going back and looking at the thread, Todd said he had the
> FusionHDTV II , which is a different card.
> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2005-December/006882.html
> To me, it looks like the FusionHDTV3 Gold and Gold-Q use both the same
> chipsets and should be quite similar to each other in regards to
> getting them to work unless the GPIO programming is different as
> someone pointed out. As far as that goes, that's way above my league
> of understanding :)
> Am I mistaken?
No, *I* am mistaken, LOL ....  I had completely misread your email.  Did
you try the patch in your quoted email?  The only reason that it hasnt
yet been applied to the repository is because it has not yet been tested.

You can test it without applying the patch by doing the following:

modprobe cx88xx card=17
modprobe cx8800
modprobe cx8802
modprobe cx88-dvb

Does it work?  If so, please let us know, and then we can add that patch
into the kernel so that the card may be autodetected by the driver in
the future.

Cheers,

Michael Krufky